The Adventures of Letting Go

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Oh. You have to keep it clean.

As it turns out, simplifying something isn't a one-shot deal. Once you clean a room, and throw out all the extra stuff, you still have the room. And you still get more stuff.

Today, I spent hours cleaning those rooms and making sure nothing junked up what I had cleaned up.

On the progress front, I have less food in the kitchen and more in the basement. This is good -- I was using an area of my kitchen as a pantry that wasn't really a pantry. Now, I've moved the extra food downstairs into my basement version of Costco.

Halfway through the first month, I'm feeling pretty good about the progress made!

1 comment:

  1. I came across your blog and have enjoyed your comments on a year of less. Clutter multiplies every time I turn my back and is a constant source of annoyance to me. I am obviously not one of these people who has a place for everything and everything in its place (oh how I wish I were) hmmm I feel a poem coming on...........thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete